It's been a long haul for our frontline workers!
You have likely heard the old adage about holding a glass of water. Hold it for an hour, you’ll have an ache in your arm. Hold it for a day, your arm will feel numb or even paralyzed. Now try that for over 14 months and through three worsening Covid-19 waves.
Stress and anxiety are like that glass of water.
With that in mind, just imagine our frontline workers who have been holding on to Covid-19 stress and anxiety for over a year. Witnessing death with no time to process it or grieve. Unrelenting physical and emotional fatigue. Increasingly dangerous variants. Greater numbers of Covid-19 patients. Stretched-beyond-the-limit hospitals. Constant uncertainty for themselves and their families. The wave of hardship has been relentless.
Time for a new WAVE! A WAVE of awareness, honour, gratitude, support and appreciation. BE A PART OF SOMETHING GREATER THAN YOURSELVES OTTAWA! JOIN THE FIRST POSITIVE WAVE THAT WE CAN CONTROL!
Let’s do what we can now! It’s easy!
1. Think of a message for the frontline workers.
2. Create a homemade sign or chalk a message on the sidewalk or your driveway.
3. When safe to, bring your sign to or chalk your message at your local hospital (look for our campaign signs and add yours to ours – please!).
4. Interested in prizes? Take a photo, post it on social media with #ottawaheroes and tag your local hospital. We’ll be watching. Be creative!
5. Consider making a donation in honour of frontline workers.
All messages of support will be warmly received by our exhausted frontline workers.
COME ON OTTAWA!
Show your love and gratitude for our beleaguered front line. We know you want to!
This campaign was created and continues to be 100% volunteer-based.
- The Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO)
- The Ottawa Hospital (General, Civic and Riverside Campuses)
- The University of Ottawa Heart Institute
- The Queensway Carleton Hospital
- The Royal Ottawa
- The Montfort Academic Hospital
- Bruyère & Bruyere Saint Vincent